Travels around Borneo in 2013
A year on from a trip to Thailand and I am going back to South East Asia, this time to the Malaysian North East corner of Borneo
I liked Thailand last year but it was very touristy, busy and I am not sure I saw much real Thailand; it was the opposite to off the beaten track, it was a fully paved road. Borneo is going to be quieter and ready to explore.
I am planning the following route;
- Singapore - a bit of luxury before Borneo!
- Kota Kinabalu - climbing Mt Kinabalu too!
- Jungle trek - visiting one of many Orangutan sanctuaries
- Semporna - diving in some of the worlds best dive sites
- Sinapore - finally some more much needed luxury before heading home!