Travels around South America in 2005
At the start of 2005 I decided to quit my job and fly off to South America. A hasty decision reinforced on the plane over there when I couldnt understand a word of the Spanish the Ecuadorian lady next to me was speaking! Luckily as I was immersed in the country I was able to build on the basic holiday Spanish I had leant from a CD and I survived.
The plan was to start in Ecuador for the sole reason of doing some Scuba diving on the only coral reef on that side of the pacific and then meet my friend Patrick in Peru and head on to Brazil. Armed with this limited spanish and no fear of going to some dangerous places I set off...
Some of the things I got up to;
- Trip into the jungle in Ecuador
- Scuba Diving in Ecuador
- Walked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Visited the Colca Canyon in Peru
- Stayed on ancient islands on Lake Titicaca
- Cycled down the worlds most dangerous road in Bolivia
- Partied all night for 2 weeks in Rio!
Click below to view photos of each country I visited
Read my diary from my travels - "The Bus Diaries" - before its made into a book!!
Here are some videos of the trip: